Wednesday, October 11, 2006

rekindle the memory














My fellow STARians and senior, Ilon called me from from our beloved alma mater today to ask me about the whereabouts of tins of old films on STAR Ipoh during the King's visit in 1957 . He is searching for materials for our alma mater Golden Jubilee Celebration next year. I discovered it in the Kelab Wayang Gambar -turned to - store room in our School Hall during my search for historical items while actively involved in STAR Historical Society in the 1990s. I found it together with the photos of STAR during constructions days.

Too bad when I left STAR, the films and all those memorabilias we found and carefully kept during our time and passed to the younger generations eventually "lost" during the years. I think the regret I still have is not to keep it in my possession knowing its value and historical importance.

Alas, Ilon reassures me old copies of our school magazines "PERINTIS" dated back to 1962 are still there in the library. But he can't find the 1st issue of PERINTIS yet. I still remember proudly reading the magazine about my father who just won Victoria Bronze Medal in Swimming in 1963 and also showing my friend how handsome my father was in his Brigade Commander of St John's Ambulance uniform. (I eventually followed his footstep by becoming a Sgt Major for Malaysian Red Crescent unit). I am looking forward to go back there next year - with my father of course!
















STARians 89 -93 (guess which one is me? clue: gua dulu slim and jambu!)

2 comments:

ManaL said...

Kita tau...!!! Dr.B , wearing glasses, is the 2nd from the right on the front row. Eh Mat Jepp yg tengah2 pakai baju hitam tu kan, behind that specky guy in white shirt.

Dr.B, jambu2 ni, memang jambu somebody (more than 1 body) ker? hehe...jgn marah aaa kureng pahala puasa.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

manal,

hahaha...mat jepp kena berdiri atas kerusi.kalau tidak memang tak nampak - pendek!