Wednesday, July 13, 2005

grant story I

Booked my flight ticket to NYC yesterday. EDT : 9.20 a.m. , 11 August 2005. Taking my leave starting tomorrow until this weekend in order to settle the grant thingy. Nak buat medical check-up, sahkan surat perjanjian, mati setem, etc. Ah reminded me of the time when I did my scholarship agreement many years ago.
The grant will cover my airfare, tuition fees and small stipends. They won't cover my travel cost while travelling from NYC to Maine. I am letting go the fund assistance from my organisation. Malas nak guna duit derma orang ramai for cancer. Raising funds for cancer, I know how important it is funds to be channeled to the deserving patients. And personally, I am not comfortable to be "bonded" for several years for the assistance.

So now I got to get another USD500 (RM2000) to cover the travel cost before my departure day. Already asked around for help. Told my dad recently that I won't be able to pay for the his car loan installment for this month. He nodded and said, " we will find our way". Sad jugak dengar. Nak buat camno. Mak told me not to worry.

On the other hand, rezeki murah juga. Avner & Julie invited me to stay over for 1-2 days to get over the jet lag at their place in Peaks Island, Maine, before the course starts. Therefore boleh lah save a little bit of money there and the plus point is I would be able to get up-close and personal with the one of the world's leading teachers of physical comedy at his own retreat. Banyak boleh belajar nanti. (And I can jog around the 2 miles-long trek on the island in the morning, too.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're very very very proud of you!! :) Congratulations AGAIN!! :)

Please update us with your experience yah!! :)

p.s
Bila kah adinda akan berada di kawasan Petaling Jaya supaya kita dapat berjumpa lagi?? Kekekeke..

.MM

iJun said...

Full medical checkup?? Take off your pants please... face right.. *PICITTTTTTTTTTT*... cough for me please.. *koff* *keff* ...face left... *TEKANNNNNNNNNN*... cough for me please.. *kaff* *kuff* (adoi adoi adoi!!)
p/s: Congrats again!!

anedra said...

looks like everything is going in the right direction for you! Good luck, and don't forget to update us on yr progress there. In the meantime, will doakan yr success in whatever it is that u're doing there. (am still lost!)

take care mr clown!

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

kekandaku mm,

hehehe...makasih (mcm menang oscar pulak!)...hmm.. nanti I sms ke apa ke..ari ni and esok cuti..

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Ijun: kes kes kes....alah jumpa kawan lama ( doctor) aje suruh dia sign n chop...hehehe...tara susah sikit senang jugak....makasih makasih..

anedra: hehe..makasih...lost?nanti i story mory apa benda yang i buat kat sana....detail punya...

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and fruitful trip, doc! :)

Unknown said...

la la la

wish you all the best..hope will be able to get your service after you graduate. :)

Bustaman said...

Have a wonderful trip and selamat menimba ilmu.
Jangan lupa balik.

shidah said...

kan si tenah baru dapat grant hari tu.... kalau apa2 SOS kat dia. Congratulations!

Ruby M. said...

selamat jalan..dan ingat kita di sini :)

OOD said...

Bila mobilemom cakap 'we're very very very proud of you', i berdiri belakang dia mengangguk-angguk setuju.

Niat baik, nak buat kerja baik, mudah lah laluannya, insya-Allah.

Moga selamat sejahtera sentiasa hendaknya.

*doa*

Anonymous said...

wah. tahniah Is. semoga berjaya! ko jangan lupa tunjuk gambar ko kat sana dan cerita pengalaman ko sekali nanti. :)

-salina-

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

ck: insha allah
dekapai: nanti before I go will drop by at your house, OK?
jiwarasa: TQ
Pok Ku: saya baliiikkk..heheh
shidah: tenah kedekut!
maknenek: TQ (aku pi kejap ajelah)
OOD: angguk angguk geleng geleng..heheh TQ
salina: i will write...banyaaakkkk!!

Atok said...

again, all the very bestest lah. jauh berjalan byk pengalaman...