Sunday, October 30, 2011

Letter from Superman


From the desk of Christopher Reeve

June 2, 1999

Mr. Walt Owen
University Heights Middle School
1155 Massachusetts Avenue
Riverside, CA 92507

Dear Mr. Owen and Students:

Thank you for the letter that you sent me. I am happy to enclose a photograph, but I am unable to autograph it at this point in time because my spinal cord injury prevents me from being able to move my arm and hand in order to hold a pen and sign my name.

I am not going to preach to you that you should stay in school. I do want to tell you that you can do ANYTHING you want in this life if you have the determination and drive to make it happen. An education will help provide you with the knowledge and skills that you will need in order to pursue your ambitions and fulfill your dreams.

You are the future. You can make a difference. Perhaps you will work in a research laboratory that will help discover the treatments that will enable me to not only sign my name, but to get up and walk again.

I wish you all the best in all of your endavors.

Sincerely,

Christopher Reeve
(Dictated)



Sumber: www.lettersofnote.com

2 comments:

ninotaziz said...

Dear Iskandar,
I wanted to thank you for so kindly going through SUARA one last time. I have taken all your suggestions and made the amendments accordingly.

I would also like to thank you for this posting. Yes, you can do whatever you put your heart and soul and tawakal into. I am determined to write more and more of our hikayat for the world to read. While waiting for Hikayat and 366 Legends of Asia to be published, I have written a short collection on our princesses. Since I have 3 books with Utusan awaiting print, I will look to self finance or one of the Ministries to publish. If this happens, I hope you would include them in your library collection!

Salam,
ninot

DR Bubbles said...

Salam Puan Ninot,

Glad that you have received the package of Suara.

All the best with the Hikayat's project. I would certainly include the books in the libraries. :-)