Saturday, June 11, 2005

When I am smilin'......

I love this song so much. First heard in Adam Sandler's " Anger Management".

When you're smilin' When you're smilin'
The whole world smiles with you.
And when you're laughin' When you're laughin'
The sun comes shinin' through.
When you're cryin',
You bring on the rain, So, stop you're sighin',
Won't you be happy again!
When you're smiling, Keep on smilin'
And the whole world smiles with you.


I was jogging (yeah!) as usual yesterday when I got a phone message from Kementerian Kesenian people asking me to call them back on Monday. In fact they were trying to reach me at the office yesterday evening (around 6.30 pm) and I was already halfway climbing up the "Tamarind Springs" slope in Taman TAR. Luckily my colleague picked up the phone and relayed the message to me.
Hahaha.. Alhamdulillah. Apparently my appeal letter to Dato' Rais Yatim I'd sent few weeks ago seemed to take effects on the officials who must be frantically trying to find answers for the blunder. The officer in charge musti dah kena "bambu" for not going thru my application thoroughly. And now finally, they asked me to provide the 'budget breakdown' and also the detailed syllabus for the course. I hope it is a 'good sign' when they started to ask these infos from me.

But then, budget breakdown tu OKlah but detailed syllabus? Ayoyo.. come on, asking a world's leading teachers of physical comedy like Avner for a detailed syllabus? You must be joking! But then fair enough, I wrote to him last night ( came back to office just for that) and this morning ( Yes, I went back to sleep and come back this morning. :) ) I got the expected reply from him.

Sure enough he wrote,

Dear Iskandar,
Thank you for writing. There is no official syllabus for the Eccentric Performing workshop.
It is a professional level course, but has no academic standing per se.
We we meet for two 3-hour classes every day for over sixty hour of class work.
In addition we meet in the evenings for presentation of assignments and critique of student's work.
Below are two handouts that summarize the principles of what is taught.I hope this helps. Unfortunately I am on tour and will not be able to fax these documents.
You can find additional material and bigraphies on both Julie and myself at the Barn site, www.celebrationbarn.com, as well as at my site, http://www.avnerTHEeccentric.com.
I must advise you that the workshop is nearly full, so please submit your application as soon as possible so we can hold a spot for you.
Please do not hesitate to write if you have any further questions.
With best regards,

Avner Eisenberg

I am bit worried on the last lines. The workshop is nearly full and I am still 'ding-dong'ing with ministry officials.

Kalau nak bagi, bagi ajelah kan?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insya'ALLAH Isk. Our prayers are with you. You have a noble good heart. Your intentions are pure and ALLAH will always be on your side. Insya'ALLAH.

Well, you take care. :) Keep us updated with the latest news! Insya'ALLAH.

atiza said...

Finally an update from you..

Anything concerned with the G, expect some extra lead time. Especially if there's some exceptional request like yours (extra budgetary).

but..but..why didn't you just tentatively block avner's (betul ke?) date..tak boleh ker? must come with payment eh?

CestmoiCK said...

Well, glad to hear that bit of happy news. Hope it will all turn out good. All the best!

CestmoiCK said...

Is, sorry, no news re your SSP friend yet. My friend (junior in SSP) is helping me to track her down. Will let you know if ada update ye?

/CK

Anonymous said...

biasala ding dong ting tong dgn gomen ni, nama pun kita nak duit mak pak depa kan (dripping with sarcasm ni). cant you just register 1st with Avner dulu?

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

mm: thank you for your prayer. bila lagi we can mencecer ya? :)

atiza: ituler. nak block kena prepare USD300 at least.

CK: TQ. no problemo.

atenah: dah bagitau. mintak pre-book without payment. tgklah kalau depa OK. so far they are very helpful. swift replies and today dah dapat dah syllabus and tuition fee info.