Monday, January 14, 2008

Books for Orphans : Update #6

I am ordering encyclopedias from a local publisher. Lucky I found out that online orders can give us better discounts than going to the bookstores.

I am planning to send the books and set up the library corner in early February.I'll be away in Sabah on the last weekends of January and coming weeks is going to be busy for me so plans to do it early is already out of questions.

First visit would be to Rumah Nur Zaharah, Janda Baik. It would be nice if we could organise some kind day-trip to Janda Baik together since it is not too far from KL.You can bring your family along. Do let me know if you are interested.

After we finish setting up the library, you are free to roam around Kg Janda Baik.Puan Ainon Mohd. who lives across the orphanage mentioned in her blog that Tn. Syed Hussein Al-Attas is offering his place for 'mandi-manda sungai' as long two basic rules are observed.

  • Bring along your own garbage bags
  • And the flowers in the garden are meant for your eyes only!

RM6380 still stands.Having the number increase to RM7K definitely will make the kids at the orphanage happy!

3 comments:

jaflam said...

DR Bubbles,

Considered your RM 7K wish done. I will do the needful to top up the difference.

All the best on your good project my friend.

east43street said...

Would you accept a complete set of encyclopedia? Some are soaked but still readable.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Pak Jaflam,

Thank you very much for your help.
I am so.. so glad!

east43street:Thank you!I'll be so happy to accept it.Just tell me where to collect the set.